Sunday, July 27, 2008

THE PRAIRIE PUNISHER DUATHLON

Last Saturday morning at 5 a.m. we got up to get ready for the Prairie Punisher. We were to be at the race at 6 a.m. to check in and receive any furthur instructions. Someone from the Olathe News had called Julie and asked if they could talk to us about our team(Julie & Mom) participating in the Prairie Punisher. Julie said she would have me call her and on Friday we see that we were on the front page of the little Gardner Newspaper which is part of the Olathe News.


It was a very foggy & humid morning and here all the runners are ready to start at 7:00 a.m.



Below I am taking the band off of Julie's ankle (it has a computer chip in it to tell the time for running & biking) and putting it on mine before I take off riding.



And here I go - I cannot mount my bike until I cross the white line
just hope I can see where I'm going


I'm almost back and it was hot and humid and a very hard ride (18+ miles) with many hills ( one of them they call heart attack hill)



We look a little worn out but we worked hard. Julie did great on her running and I just enjoyed doing the biking for her. Julie ran 3 miles - I rode 18 miles - Julie ran 3 more miles -- and we did it in 2 hrs. and 17 min. It was a fun time.



Yes, it was a family thing - June biked, I biked, Elisa ran, and Julie ran. If you didn't see Elisa's blog, she and her partner received prizes for 1st place in the teams. Congratulations Elisa! June's team was 2nd place and Julie & I were 4th place.


10 comments:

John and Melanie said...

Congratulations! You all did great. I wouldn't have been able to do it. Especially in the hot and humidity.

Kevin and Rachel Weyand said...

Wow! The newspaper 2 times in just 1 week! You are so popular! :) (I really liked reading about Camp Gramma!)

Great job on your accomplishment of the Punisher! You are an inspiration to everyone! You and Julie should be really proud of yourselves!

Rest up for next year...hee hee!

Rachel

Marilee We Roll Along said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!! What an accomplishment the excellent way you each did!

Elisa Seaba said...

Great job, you did awesome!! We will have to start looking for another team duathlon so that we don't have to wait till next year, cause it was so fun with all of us doing it!

benjolan di leher said...

so that's cool your article :)

penyakit jantung bocor said...

wait for the next update :)

Agen Obat Herbal Walatra said...


Obat Mata Minus

Unknown said...

Walatra Sehat Sendi

gina ulfa said...

bismillahi
Obat Kanker Paru Paru
Obat Hipertensi
Herbal Cakrawala
Testimoni Obat Walatra
Khasiat Daun Binahong

Gina Ulfa said...

bismillahi
Khasiat Air Wudhu Untuk Kesehatan
Khasiat Air Wudhu Untuk Kesehatan
Khasiat Air Wudhu Untuk Kesehatan