Friday, November 03, 2006

TIME WITH FAMILY








Tuesday morning I took Susan and Meryn and went to Kansas City to spend a few days with my girls and many of my grandkids. I spent the first day at Phil & Julie's house and enjoyed spending time with their children. Damon & June and their children came over for dinner and we had pizza together. We had a good time together and the cousins always enjoy time together. After everyone went home and the kids were all in bed, Julie, June, Susan and myself went out for a coke.

Wednesday night we all got together and had tacos and chips and salsa for dinner. John & Melanie & Ella came and joined us for dinner as well. We ate at Damon & June's house and had a good time eating, gabbing, and playing games. We had 13 of the grandkids there so there was a little cleanup before we parted ways.:) I went home with Elisa and spent the night with her family and part of the next day and saw where Trey & Avery go to school.

Thursday we met at June's house to do a little sorting and organizing to help her rearrange some things. Elisa and Susan and June did most of the work and I helped with the little ones. We always have fun, even in the midst of hard work and we did a lot of laughing as well as working. Julie was going to leave with her family for Newton where Phil's soccer team would be playing for the state championship on Saturday so she was unable to join us that day. That evening after the children were all in bed, Susan, June, Elisa, and myself all went to the Olive Garden for dinner. That was fun but we were exhausted after working hard all day. I spent the night at June's house Thursday night.

Friday morning we were babysitting for June while she had a doctor's appointment and then we headed home. We got to Huch just in time to pick up Susan's boys from school.

I always enjoy any time with my children and right now I am missing my husband very much so it made my time go a little faster.

I have just a few snapshots of my girls and grandchildren while I was there. Ethan was just learning how to go down stairs this week. Malia had to try out Susan's new hot rollers. The grandkids started asking me when I arrived if I would fix biscuts and sausage gravy for them so this morning they got their wish and you see them at the table enjoying the meal. That is one meal they always enjoy when they come to grandma's house and they wanted it at their house too. Even baby Molly liked that. The kissing cousins are Eli & Meredith with Meryn looking on. One picture is taken in the middle of our cleaning Thursday.