Monday, July 17, 2006

A VERY HOT MONDAY!







We go to Salina on Mondays and enjoy spending time with Mom & Dad and encouraging and helping them in any way we can. Today when we arrived, Dad was about to go to therapy and we visited with Mom while we waited for Dad to return. When he came back, we were ready to make a run to Burger King for lunch. We always have lunch together when we come on Mondays. After we finished lunch, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few groceries and then returned back to the Manor. When we walked in, Mrs. Favors was sitting in the lobby so I visited a few minutes with her. She was my teacher in my first few years of school at Shiloh School. I enjoy seeing several people that I knew forty some years ago or more. It was good to get back inside where it was cool. We went up and put a few things away and then I thought I would go down and visit Uncle H. He has a very nice room on the first floor. I think I disturbed his nap but he was happy to see me and didn't care that I interrupted his nap. I got him to pose for a picture and I think he looks pretty chipper for being awakened. It's always good to see him. Then it was time to return back to Hutch. We went out to the car and the temperature inside of it registered 122 degrees. A little ways down the road it had cooled down to 110 degrees. When we arrived home, we saw that we had tomatoes that needed to be canned so we got busy and canned 5 qts. of stewed tomatoes. We were scheduled to go to the Rescue Mission in Wichita tonight but Rog's back is hurting him from pulling up cornstalks on Saturday so he didn't think he could handle sitting in the car another 2 hrs. going back and forth to Wichita. I had planned to paint the playhouse tomorrow but with the high temperature forecast, we decided not to do that now but to wait for cooler weather. Hopefully it will cool down some before Camp Gramma next week.

5 comments: