Saturday, July 29, 2006

FORTY YEAR REUNION - CCHS 1966




My teaching career started forty years ago and tonight we were invited to a class reunion of the class that graduated in 1966. I started teaching at Central Christian in the spring semester of 1966 and I can hardly believe it was forty years ago. I was fresh out of college at that time so most of the people there tonight were only 4 or 5 years younger than myself.

We were at the Houlahans Restaurant and had a good meal and lots of reminiscing. The cake was made by Kathy Girst, who was one of the graduates, and she made an eatable picture of all the graduates and principal on the cake. I coached several of the girls in basketball back then. You can see from the pictures on the cake that several were not able to attend. Rog & I won the prize for having the most grandchildren of those present.

My roommate at that time was Elvera Unrau and she was there with her husband who was one of our students. We had a nice time and it was fun to see these students and their spouses again. Rog did not come to Hutchinson until the fall semester of 1966 so he met some new friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is amazing. How in the world did she do that? It looks just like the big hanging photo album they had in the cafeteria.

Allah said...

nice post
Walatra Bersih Wanita

Ginaulfa said...

bismillahi
Bahayanya Penyebab Kanker Paru Paru
Bahayanya Penyebab Kanker Paru Paru
Bahayanya Penyebab Kanker Paru Paru