Thursday, August 10, 2006

TAKING CARE OF GRANDKIDS



Susan had to work last night and tonight and Greg works his 24 hr. shift from this morning until tomorrow morning so this was our day with their children. We have a lot of fun but they have enough energy for 10 kids sometimes. They did some swimming and they spend a lot of time building with K-nex and have become very creative in their building.

Tonight Meryn came to me carrying a carton of cottage cheese and a HUGE serving spoon. I guess she was hungry for cottage cheese but she did use a regular teaspoon to eat with. She had been telling me all day that she wanted some "pau-he". I tried to get her to show me what she wanted but she couldn't do that. Ususally her brothers or mommy can help me understand but even they were stumped on this one. Finally, tonight I figured it out. She uses p for the s sound so that helped me. Sausage - yep, she still has some sounds to work on but we didn't have any sausage so that is why she couldn't show me.(plus she didn't know where to look)