Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HARD DAY OF WORK










Rog had an appointment this morning and then we were going to our garden plot and finish pulling up the cornstalks. When he left for his appointment, I decided I would go to the garden and get started and surprise him. When I arrived there, Greg & the twins were already two-thirds done. What a nice surprise for me! I helped them and we finished up pulling the cornstalks and the weeds(most of the weeds were taller than the cornstalks). It was so hot and humid that it really was not fun.

By the time Rog came, there was only one cornstalk left for him to pull and the ground needed to be rototilled. I left to go home and then found out that Greg & Rog were going to go in the early afternoon and cut wood. A family in our church has some hedge that they would like to have cleaned up. We need some of that for next winter so we offered to clean it up. I am glad Greg offered to help because I had just about met my quota in the heat today.

They brought home a pickup load of hedge but they didn't unload it yet. Some of it will need to be split but we'll save that for a cooler day(the thermometer says 119 degrees right now). I didn't get any pictures of the garden cleanup but Greg took several as they were cutting wood so I'll share a few of those. The people have a friendly dog that brings hedgeballs to anyone who will throw them for him so the twins enjoyed doing that.

Thanks for all your help and hard work today Greg & boys!!

While the guys were cutting wood, Meryn and Trevin were building with lincoln logs. Trevin had quite a little project going so we shared a picture of their work also.