Sunday, October 18, 2009

THE KC HALF MARATHON


We are ready to do a half marathon together on this cool 40 degree morning. It was raining as we drove in the early morning to get there and we were hoping we would not have to run in the rain.

Our four daughters are the greatest girls in the world and were of much encouragement to me in my first half marathon. When we arrived at the location for the race, they got out of the car and had written "GO MOM" with black marker on the backs of their legs.

Below you can see the back of our shirts. The girls had written, "Our Moms 1st 13.1" and mine read, "I'm the MOM". We received a lot of cheering from lots of people as they ran past us or with us. That was fun.


Below is a picture of us at 2.5 miles where we were getting warm enough that we were going to throw our jackets to Rog.


My grandkids were there to run in their own race and surprised me with some signs to cheer me, their aunts/mommies on. I love my wonderful grandkids too.


We are approaching the finish line


Hand in hand we crossed the finish line - 3 hrs. 3 min.
not a record finishing time but not bad for how bad I was hurting




We finished and were all pretty beat.


We each received our medals and had fun running together even though it was hard for Mom.