Thursday, February 22, 2007

HAIRCUT DAY

We forgot to take the camera along, but today Dad went out to the barbershop for the first time in a couple of years(in healthcare he went to the beauty shop and before that the barber came to their apt). Rog said he looked 5 years younger sitting in that barber chair. It was a nice day and was good for him to get out. Mom and I go walking each day and yesterday Rog took Dad in his wheelchair for a ride with us. He looks pretty good with those ears lowered don't you think.

Liz came over to visit Mom & Dad tonight and I informed her that she was about ready for a haircut. She said, "Oh yes, I was going to ask you if you would give me a haircut" so we went out on the patio with the porch light on and proceeded to get the job done. I did have a little trouble trying to take the picture and cut her hair at the same time but everyone else was busy. In case you think I just trimmed it, there was enough to make a wig. She has one thick head of hair.

Rog and I wear several hats in our home these days. It may be cook, bottle washer, cleaning lady, laundry lady, beautician, preacher, counselor, caretaker, maintenance man, or grandpa & grandma, but we are happy to do whatever we can to bless or help those around us and especially our parents.